Python is a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum during 1985- 1990.
Python is a high-level language and is interpreted at runtime, very much similar to PHP and PERL. It is an object-oriented scripting language that encapsulates code within objects.
- It supports functional and structured programming methods as well as Object Oriented Programming.
- It can be used as a scripting language or can be compiled to byte-code for building large applications.
- It provides very high-level dynamic data types and supports dynamic type checking.
- It supports automatic garbage collection.
- It can be easily integrated with C, C++, COM, ActiveX, CORBA, and Java.
- It provides interfaces to all major commercial databases.